Wednesday, March 4, 2009

This is all Alaine's fault

After reading Alaine's (The Girl Laughs) last couple blog entries, I started thinking about the toys I had when I was a kid....mainly Fisher Price Little People. We had a lot of those sets-the schoolhouse, the A-Frame, 2 different kinds of campers, the yacht and the farm, to just name a few. Turns out you can get a lot of money on E-bay for some of that stuff. (Dad, Mary, if you're reading this, do not, I repeat DO NOT throw out the castle, those suckers are selling for $250! The pink dragon alone is going for $45) We spent HOURS playing with those little wooden people. I bought sets for my kids at yard sales when they were little, because by that time, they'd come out with the new, chunky sized people, and it just wasn't the same, I wanted the real, live, chokeable sized people for MY kids. Sadly, my kids didn't get the same enjoyment out of them that me and my siblings did, so I ended up just getting rid of them all. I'm resisting the urge to go to a vintage Barbie website, or I'll end up spending way too much time online examining little tiny shoes and accessories and wondering whatever happened to my Malibu Skipper.

1 comment:

anonymous said...

Hehehe. I love to be the reason for a post.
We had a lot of the little people sets and unfortunately my brother and I didn't have the foresight to save them and sell them later. Instead we'd come home from school and pour gasoline on them and set them on fire. I wish I was kidding. We were little pyros. I'm suprised we never got hurt or burnt down the house. I think if my parents had any idea of what we were doing when we were home unsupervised they would have rethought the whole "latch-key kid" thing.