Monday, March 16, 2009

it's been awhile

I've just been too lazy to post lately. Sorry The highlights of my life that you've missed since I've neglected to post are:

Some guys car died and he coasted it into the end of our driveway on Saturday and it's still there. I'm guessing he abandoned it and we're going to get stuck paying a tow truck to get it out of here all because people aren't willing to deal with their own messes. We could call the cops and report it abandoned, but all they do is tag it as an abandoned vehicle and leave it there for a week or so for the owner to claim it. That week it sits there gives the thieves and vandals all kinds of time to steal the tires, break the windows, etc and not only would we have a stupid car in our way, but we'd have a stupid, totaled car sitting at the end of our driveway. Since the guy who left it there looked like an illegal immigrant whose car doubled as home sweet home, chances of finding him are nil. People suck

WE keeps coming home from school late. I suspect he's walking a girl home from the bus stop every night, and since he turns bright red whenever we bring it up, I think I'm right.

Yesterday afternoon, we headed downtown. In an attempt to get people to shop local, the city has started to close down the main street on the 3rd Sunday of every month and allow locals to set up booths in the middle of the street. Since most of the stuff they sell is stuff I'm totally not interested in (artwork, locally made jewelry, etc) I didn't actually buy anything. The reason we went is that they also have live music and Angel #4's violin teacher's Celtic band was playing and we wanted to watch them perform. They're always so much fun to listen to.

This morning I had to go in to get blood drawn for testing. Since I'm becoming that age I need to get baseline readings on my cholesterol and that kind of stuff so they can tell if something is going wonky in the future. This aft, I go in for my mammogram. Oh happy day, will the joy never stop? I've really been slacking in the mammo department the last 3 years, so I'm long overdue....but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

No comments: