Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Take a ride on the Nostalgia Train

What is wrong with you people? First it's Alaine making me spend inordinate amounts of time looking Fisher Price Little People up online. Now it's the Sid and Marty Krofft thread over at Romance Divas. In the last few days, I've listened to the theme song from Wonderbug, Land of the Lost and Dr. Shrinker, among other things, courtesy of YouTube. Anybody else remember those Saturday morning shows? The girl Angels were watching them opening credits of those shows with me, and after watching the beginnings of Lidsville and H.R. Pufinstuf, #2 has determined that everyone in the 1970's were strung out on drugs. Well, I don't know about everybody, but Sid and Marty Krofft were definitely smoking something illegal...or, as one of the Romance Diva's said, they did drugs so the rest of us didn't have to. I mean, seriously, a town populated by living hats? A bad guy named Witchy Poo? It's amazing the kids of Generation X grew up normal.

A few years ago, I wrote a biography on an actor for the Bonanza World website. Seriously, I DO mean years ago. Well, the actor, Med Florey, didn't have a whole lot of personal information available online, though I found out that he is a talented musician, which is his first love, not acting...which is good, since he only had small guest roles on tv shows for the most part. Anyway, like I said, this was years ago. But twice now in the last 6 months or so, I've been contacted by people who found the biography online and offered me more info on Med. One was a college professor in Texas and, this weekend, a woman who's related to Med's deceased wife and found the bio while doing a family history thing. How weird is that? Who woulda thunk a measly biography (and it was measly, since I couldn't find much information on him) would attract peoples attention like that?

Book Review Tuesday: You Slay Me, Katie MacAlister I've read this one before, but just about all Katie Mac books are the kind that are just as good the 2nd (or 3rd) time around. Aisling Grey is hired to deliver a precious artifact to a buyer in France. She isn't in the country for more than an hour before she's accused of murder, searching for her stolen artifact and getting schmoochy with a dragon. Yeah, a dragon, but he's in human form and, trust me, it's sexy. This is the first book of the Aisling Grey series and, for some reason, I don't own book #2, though I've got the rest of the series. So, tomorrow, I'm going in search of Fire Me Up and hope I can find a copy somewhere in town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

H.R. Pufinstuff was one of my favorites!! Of course as a child i didn't realize the subtle references to "smoking stuff" as i do now as an adult.
I always loved the "school house rock" commercials too.The conjunction function railroad themed one was my favorite.Great now i'm gonna have that song in my head all day! haha