Saturday, March 21, 2009

just your typical Daydreamer family shopping trip

Both the girls had sleepovers tonight, both going in the same general area. So we decided that after dropping them off, we'd stop by Costco for some shopping. Hubby talked the boys into coming along with us. You'd think that by now he'd know better. I guess not.

The adventure started shortly after we got out of the driveway and WE found one of those plastic zip ties- you know the ones that zip shut and you can't get open again. You may remember that about a year ago he zipped one on his finger on the way to church one Sunday morning and we had to stop at a convenience store for a scissors to get it off before all the circulation was cut off and his finger fell off. You'd think that by now he'd know better. I guess not. Are you seeing a dominant family trait coming through here? So there he is, in the back seat of the van trying to Houdini his hands out of the zip tie but only making it tighter. Sadly enough, I was sitting next to him (the penalty of being the last person to get into the van is that they have to sit next to WE for the trip), I was ignoring him the best I could and when we dropped off one of the girls, I moved up to the middle seat, leaving WE in the back by himself. Somehow, in the two miles or so between the two girls houses, he managed to get the seatbelt stuck in the zip tie along with his hands. And it wasn't even the seatbelt for the spot he was originally sitting in. I don't know how he managed it and frankly, I didn't even want to ask. When we dropped off Angel #2, her friend got a scissors for us and cut WE free.

You'd think that would be enough adventure for one night, but you forget, we haven't even got to Costco yet. WE hops into the cart and Angel #1 pushed him around the store. Hubby and I walked faster and faster in an attempt to distance ourselves, but they kept finding us. We ditched them a while in the refrigerator section, long enough for WE to see someone he knew, which prompted the obvious response to his brother: "Hey look, there's that hot girl from my school. Drive me past her and I'll pretend I'm mentally challenged." You can see why he's such a success with the ladies. I just looked at Hubby and reminded him that bringing the boys was HIS idea and we could have had a normal shopping trip with just the two of us. He claimed that he thought they'd act normal...as if that's ever going to happen. You'd think he'd know better by now. I guess not.

No comments: