Thursday, April 2, 2009

This day is so annoying

April Fools day is such a pain. When something legitimate actually does happen on that day, no one believes it. I even got caught a couple times. Our friend Mark called to see if we were selling a moped; he needed new transportation because his truck started on fire. Since that is exactly the sort of thing that would happen to him (he's the guy who accidentally drained our water garden a couple months ago and killed all the fish), I gave him some sympathy, but also laughed. He continued with the story and I said, that's unbelievable! He said, of course it is, it's April fools day. Grrr Then I asked him if the story his youngest daughter told me about being bridesmaid at her older sisters wedding to another woman was another April Fools joke, that though, is true. I guess that shouldn't surprise me either.

No comments: