Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Poor little crippled kid

WE has decided that he needs a wheelchair. Since we don't actually own one, he's using a roll around office chair. He announced: can't you people see I have medical problems? Uh yeah, could he leave that one any more open for discussion? There is a small snag in the plan, since it's bedtime and his bedroom is upstairs. You can't expect me to just jump out of the chair and walk up the stairs like it's a miracle, he says. Life with the handicapped, it's not easy, lemme tell ya. Sad thing is, hubby and I are just sitting here in the living room with our feet up, like it's perfectly normal to have your 12 year old son getting pushed around in an office chair and getting slammed into walls by his siblings.

I had a moment of thankful silence this morning that the kids are back in school and I survived 2 weeks of spring break. Hallelujah! My life is once again my own.

No comments: