Tuesday, November 18, 2008

the suckiness of having pets

Bonsai the cat has been slowly going downhill the last month. Every week he's got some new medical problem. Yesterday he started yowling and drooling. It's pretty gross. We put him in the garage so we didn't have to hear him and WE ended up sleeping in the garge with him all night last night, tough I don't think he got much sleep. We had a family discussion tonight about possibly putting him down and, as expected, there were tears. Suprisingly, Angel #2 was the one who brought it up. Of course, I've been thinking of it for a couple weeks, but didn't say anything because...well, everyone knows my feelings on animals, so my opinion is obviously biased. Since it's WE's cat, we kind of let him make the decision and he just told me, through tears, that if he's not better by tomorrow afternoon, we'll take him in. This is not a cheery household tonight.

I don't know about getting another Cindy for the new place, Amber. I guess I don't mind cows, as long as I don't have to milk them. I draw the line at milking. Hubby's been talking about getting goats and chickens. E-I-E-I-O

2 comments:

Amber said...

I was actually thinking "why haven't they taken care of the cat yet...and then you wrote it!" I feel the same, especially about cats, but if it broke the kids heart it'd be different, i guess.

Amber said...

oh, and why don't you like bunnies?