Friday, November 7, 2008

a non-mongoose day


Heather, this would be a mongoose. It's like a squirrel with an attitude. I don't like them in my house.

Yay, Afton is here in all her glorious anonymous glory! Glad you're here (I can't wait to hear how your date went)

We took WE's cast off tonight. When he got it put on, the Dr. said take it off in 5 weeks. But, it turns out the doctor is on a 2 week vacation, so the soonest he could get it off was Nov 18, 6 1/2 weeks after getting it put on. We couldn't see the point in him having to keep it on for an extra week and a half, just because the doctor wanted to spend a couple weeks in Vegas, so we took it off ourselves using a metal snippers. Besides, it was starting to reek real bad and Tag covers only a certain amount of stench....the smell was starting to cramp his style with the ladies. We'll get it x-rayed and take the pictures to the Doc on his Nov 18 appt, just so she can make sure everything healed like it was supposed to. First thing we had him do though was take a good soapy shower.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But mongeese are cute! And they have a heart of gold. Haven't you seen Ricki-Ticki-Tavi? Childhood classics would never lie!

(I've been trying to unsuccessfully make a comment for a few days now using OpenID, so I'm trying a far less cool method. Let's see if it works.)

Heather T said...

Awww....he is kinda cute....but yeah, I can't say I would want a squirrel in my house, let alone one with an attitude!!:-) Glad you got to take the cast off...ick...hope all looks good at his appt.:-)

Heather T said...

Haha...actually that mongoose kinda looks like a mix between a dachshund and a squirrel...I think that would be a bad combo!;-)