Tuesday, November 18, 2008

RIP Bonsai

Well, Bonsai made it easier for us today. He was so sick this morning when we woke up that WE asked that we take him in asap to be put down because he couldn't stand seeing him in pain. About fifteen minutes after the kids left for school, he died. I was glad we didn't have to be responsible for putting him down. Now, for Amber, the reason we didn't do this a long time ago. I certainly crossed my mind, but since I'm known as the animal disliker of the family, they wouldn't listen to my suggestion anyway, so I just shut my mouth and let the family make their own decision. Besides, just when we thought the cat wasn't going to make it through the night, the darn thing would start recovering and we'd think he just might make it afterall. But, turns out he didn't make it. There were tears, but it's how life works and the kids understand that.

And also for Amber, I don't like bunnies because they've got nasty little pointed teeth, just like all other rodents. So, it's not only rabbits that I don't like, I also don't like rats, mice, squirrels, chipmunks, mongi and any other kind of rodents. Chickens are also creepy looking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about Bonsai, DD. Poor little guy. Sending a virtual hug to WE and the rest of the kids. [Hug] At least the kitty doesn't need to be sick anymore.
- Afton

Anonymous said...

PS - lol...I forgot there aren't smilies...
(Afton, take 2)