Wednesday, November 26, 2008

packing and writing

As you no doubt figured out from the post right below this one, I finished Nanowrimo today. Yay me! I wrote some totally random scenes that don't really fit into the story very good, but it all counts, baby. Now I can head out of here tomorrow without the dark cloud of an unfinished Nano looming over my head.

Yep, tomorrow we all fly out of here and head to Honolulu for the long Thanksgiving weekend. We do this yearly for our church convention and we're all looking forward to getting there and meeting up with all the other folks from the other islands. I'll be back on Sunday night, though I'm not guranteeing a post here until Monday, I'm going to be tired.

Book Review Tuesday: Stuck In the Seventies by DL Garfinkle This is a young adult book about a girl from today who, somehow, manages to travel back through time via a bathtub. It was kind of fun to read, not only because time travel books are fun, but it's set in 1978, which brings back a few memories from my childhood. I especially liked seeing the 70's through the eyes of a teenager from today. It was a really fun read.

Random Daydreamer Unknown Fact: When I was a kid, I used to hide out in the basement with the lights off and sit under the window and read. By keeping the lights off, my parents assumed nobody was down there and I could read to my hearts content w/out being found out and forced to do my chores.

No comments: