Thursday, November 6, 2008

Like I don't already have enough critters in the house

I came down the stairs this afternoon and heard a scurrying sound under WE's computer table. I managed to look down just in time to see two mongooses? - mongeese? - mongi? hotfoot it out the open screen door and outside. We keep the screen door open a few inches so the cats can get in and out during the day. It is NOT for mongoose use. Apparently, I'm going to have to put up a sign to that effect so they know they're not welcome here.



Bonsai the cat seems to be a serial illness kind of pet. The urinary tract infection seems to be going away - we're medicine droppering cranberry juice down his throat, but now he's got these hairless bumps on his head and neck. I put some peroxide on them and some antibiotic ointment, since there are some open sores, but frankly, I'm getting tired of constantly finding new medications to put on this cat that seems determined to stay sick no matter what we do.

Yay for Blogger autosave! I accidentally hit the wrong button and deleted some of my post. I just popped over to the list of posts, clicked on this one and ta-da! There it was in all its pre-deletion glory. The only thing I'm missing from Bravenet is smilies. If Blogger has smilies somewhere that I'm not seeing, someone please let me know. I'm feeling smilie deprived.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I can comment now! I tried to be all cool and be the first commenter EVAH, but it wouldn't let me. But now that I can be spy-like an anonymous, there's no getting rid of me. :D
- Afton

Amber said...

heres blogger smiles
;0)
:0)

Heather T said...

I have to say that for not liking animals, you sure are putting alot of time and effort into that cat!;-) What you won't do for your children, eh?:-) I have to look up what a mongoose is...I don't know that I've ever seen one of those to know if I'd want one in my house....

anonymous said...

Rikitikitavi is a mongoose. How can you NOT like him???? I guess I wouldn't want one in my house...I bet they have dirty little mouths.