Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nano Powers - Activate!

I'm kind of slogging around on my Nano project today. I'm still ahead of schedule, but I want to be MORE ahead of schedule. Know what I mean?

Angel #4's teacher called me today. Turns out she took WE's cast out of the garbage where I'd thrown it and took it to school today. She put it on her arm and told everyone she had a broken arm. She wore the smelly old thing ALL day, and they'd even gone on a field trip. Well, I think her original idea was just to trick some people, but you know how these things can rocket out of control. I guess she had a pretty eleborate story going on, and since her teacher didn't get a good look at the cast, she didn't realize that #4's arm wasn't really broken until the end of the school day. By this time, the story had grown out of control. The teacher had a long talk with #4 about lying, then called me afterwards. When she got home from school, I had the lying talk with her also. The teacher told me some of her story, with her imagination, maybe she should be the writer in the family!

Yesterday hubby and I looked at a new rental house. I'd pretty much had it with dealing with the landlord here. I wanted to paint the interior of the house, you know, make it feel a little more personalized and like 'our home' instead of just a house we live in. After all, we've been here almost 1 1/2 years, we're not exactly fly-by-night renters or anything. Well, the landlord said no, even if we paid for the paint, did the painting ourselved and repainted it to whatever color he wanted when we moved out. Well, it's his house and it was obvious there was no dealing with someone with such a stubborn mindset, we decided to find a place we could personalize. Well, we found one, and it's out in the country! I'm pretty much over living in town and am ready for a little country privacy again. We'll be moving in January, so that'll give me plenty of time to do a leisurely pack instead of one of those 'throw everything in a box and hope for the best' kind of move. I think the angels are all good with the move, though #4 isn't totally thrilled with the fact that she'll be going to a different school next year. We'll just drive her back and forth for the rest of this year. Fortunately, the other kids won't have to move schools...and with any luck, their buses will come later in the morning than they do now.

No comments: