Monday, November 24, 2008

It was kind of rainy all day today and all yesterday afternoon. That's really odd weather for here, where it very seldom rains, and if it does, it happens at night most of the time. We can always use rain though, so I'm not complaining. We're going to have to get used to it, it rains much more the farther up the mountains you go and we're going to be at about 1200 ft at our new house. It'll be cooler up there too. Everything changes as you go up the mountain, it's like a completely different world. Actually, our whole island is like that, if you do a circuit of the entire island, you'll see beaches, lava fields, ranch/grazing land, mountains w/snow, rain forests - you name it, we've got it.

We was in our local paper today. They interviewed those of us on this side of the island who were doing nanowrimo, took pictures and wrote a really nice article. http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/articles/2008/11/23/features/features01.txt
Maybe it'll even sell a few of my books. Talk about Nano, I didn't do any writing today at all. That means that I've got to average 3,000 words tomorrow and another 3K on Tuesday in order to meet my goal of finishing on before we leave on Wednesday. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

anonymous said...

it snowed here. I bet it's snowing in Wisconsin too. It's the days like this that I wish I could move somewhere warmer...and sunnier.
You can write 6K EASY. :)