Monday, November 10, 2008

My boys really needed haircuts. Yesterday, I figured I'd hold them down and do it, so they wouldn't look freshly cut when we go to Oahu over Thanksgiving. WE whined the entire time, but today when I asked him if everyone like his haircut, he got his funny little grin and said someone told him he looked handsome. Angel #1's hair is so obnoxious and curly that by the time I finished with him, the bathroom looked like an episode of Poodles Gone Wild. They both look much better now.

No school tomorrow. Angel #'s 2 & 4 are both having friends over. Well, #4's friend is already here, #2's friend is famous for her ability to sleep during the day and stay awake all night - she gets through her school day by drinking energy drinks. She hasn't shown up here yet, so I'm not sure if she's still sleeping or wandering around town looking for a caffiene fix. #2 has been wanting a friend over for quite a while and it just hasn't worked out. I hope the vampire girl shows up soon so they can do whatever it is teenage girls do during sleepovers.

Angel #4 and her friend both play saxophone in the school band. For some reason, they were playing their saxes this afternoon on the side of the street in front of our house. Yeah, the neighbors all think we're weird.

Talk about weird neighbors, I got a laugh out of ours today. She's single and lives alone. She's been putting stuff for sale on Craig's List and had a man coming over to look at some patio furniture. She was leery about having a strange man over, so she came over here and borrowed Jake, the Wonder Dog for protection. I don't know what she thought Jake was going to do if something actually happened, maybe shed all over the guy or something. I think she just figured a 60 pound dog might disuade someone from trying any funny business. I told her that next time this happens to just mention her husband, the cop, in the conversation a couple times and it should have the same effect at Jake intimidation. I watched her house when the guy came over, there she was, showing him her patio furniture while dragging Jake around with her on his leash. The guy didn't buy her furniture, but he didn't try anything either. Jake must have served his purpose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been so busy lately, I haven't been keeping up on everyone's blogs. I just saw that you switched. It looks VERY nice! I've thought about moving mine too, but haven't done it.

Heather T said...

That is hilarious! Go Jake!;-)