Friday, November 14, 2008

Life's milestones

Big day for Angel #1 today. He just bought his first car. It's not any great shakes, he paid $200 for it, it's a VW Rabbit convertible. He's pretty excited about it and has been sitting in it checking it out since it got here. It obviously needs some work, I've got the feeling it's going to be a fixture in my driveway for a while.

I had the funniest phone call the other night. My friend Keala called me and said "I talked to my dad." I sat there, quiet, waiting for why she's telling me this. Are you there? she asks. Uh yeah, you were saying you talked to your dad. Dead silence again. Finally, we figured out what we were trying to say to each other. Apparently, she's text messaged me wondering if I knew where her dad was because he wasn't where he was supposed to be and they hadn't heard from him in a day or so. They were worried and were contacting people who might know where he was. I don't have text messaging enabled on my phone, so I never got the message that he was lost, so I didn't get it when she called to tell me he was found. It was funny when it happened, I guess you had to be there.

1 comment:

Faulker Funny Farm said...

Now all you have to do is take some pics for us here in cold weather. Pics girl.....pics