Thursday, January 15, 2009

Out To Lunch

It was so nice and quiet here with all the kids back to school.   Life is good.  Actually, I wasn't home very long to enjoy the silence.  I had to leave the house at 10:30 to run some errands.  At 11 a group of us from church met for lunch.  One of the families divides their time between living in Oman, in the Middle East and Hawaii.  They are heading back to Oman on Friday, so it was kind of a goodbye lunch for her.  We all met at the health food grocery store.  It had just opened up a couple weeks ago and I'd been wanting to go there and check it out and this was the perfect opportunity.  I've decided that buying organic to feed my entire family is WAY out of my price range.

The family was discussing the $150 million inaugeral party and WE was very upset at the high price tag.  He started doing a little calculating on his own to figure out how much SHOULD be spent on a party like that.  If he was president, the party would only cost about $20,000, and this includes the price of renting 2 bouncy houses.  We were also dicussing how they're saying that this is going to be the coldest inaugeration in history.  A friend of ours is going to be there with his band to play at one of the parties.  He's Hawaiian born and bred and has never experienced cold like they're having up north.  He's in for a rude shock.

Alaine
you're right, Margaret Atwood is the author of A Handmaid's Tale.  Maybe, if you liked that one, you'll like The Blind Assassin.  It just wasn't my kind of book, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was also at the inauguration. I live just outside of DC now.