Saturday, January 3, 2009

giving Chrome another try

I downloaded Google Chrome for my internet browser shortly after it came out, but decided I didn't like it and went back to good ol' Internet Explorer.  Well, now I've been hearing horror stories about hackers messing with IE people, so I decided to give Chrome another try.  Problem is, as soon as I downloaded it again, I remembered why I didn't like it in the first place.  I love having my list of favorites running down the left hand side of my screen and always keep my favorites list activated and handy.  Chrome doesn't let me do this and I'm getting antsy seeing a screen without that familiar little list running down the side...I'm a creature of habit and don't like anything different.  I once spent almost half an hour with MS Word trying to get page arrangement back to the way I like it after it somehow got changed.  I simply couldn't write with it looking the way it did.  Well, I'll see if I can get used to a Favorites-less page - if not, I'll have to find some other browser that LOOKS like IE, but is just pretending.

The other day while I was reading my book, Angel #4 came over and gave me her opinion on what makes a good book - which is cover and title.  She then told me that the book I was reading had such a dumb title that NOBODY would want to read it.  The book?  The Picture of Dorian Gray and Other Writings by Oscar Wilde.  Looks like ol' Oscar is going to get an unpleasant surpise the next time his royalty check comes in.  LOL

WE was telling us about his plans for the future.  Turns out that when he grows up, he's going to have a lion farm.  Of course, he'll be raising zebras on the side so he's got something to feed the lions, so that'll add to the work a bit.  I'm not sure what he's planning on doing with the lions he's raising, I don't think there's that much of a need for them right now...but, I could be wrong.  He's a little worried that his farm work is going to interfere with his other career of NASCAR driver, but I'm sure he'll get all those bugs worked out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Oscar Wilde! Poor Angel #4...she's missing out. I really liked "Dorian Gray", and "The Importance of Being Earnest" and "An Ideal Husband" are two of the best plays out there.
- Afton