Monday, January 12, 2009

sizzle sizzle - the sound of a brain frying

bluba bluba bluba - that is the sound of my brain melting down to an oozy mass and trickling out my ears.  It's what happens when your children have had the last 3 weeks off for winter break, you've spent the day foundering around town trying to get errands done and somehow, ended up with 2 extra children to add to the 4 you already have.  Oh, and thrown in a new pet and a husbands birthday and you've pretty much got my day.

WE got a new cat today to replace the lost, lamented Bonsai.  This is a 7 month old female calico he's named AK-47.  Charming, eh?

For hubby's birthday, I made a couple of lemon meringue pies - that and banana cream pie are his two favorite desserts and since we've got another birthday coming up this week, we'll get our fill of birthday cake then, so I stick with pie for his birthday.  I got him a new pair of slippers.  Since moving up the mountain, it gets pretty chilly here, so I bought myself a new pair of white fuzzy slippers a couple weeks ago and he keeps stealing them and wearing them.  So, in self defence -  or slipper defense, I guess you'd call it - I bought him his own pair.  Instead of white fuzzy ones though, I got him fake suede sheepskin ones.  Now my slippers should be where I put them in the future, unless one of the kids start stealing them.

Alaine, I'm notorious for NOT taking pictures (which can be today's random Daydreamer fact).  We forgot to bring the camera during the birth of 3 out of 4 of our kids and most of the pictures in our photo albums are pictures other people took and they gave us copies.  When we DO remember to take them with our digital camera, we forget to download them or lose the memory card and if we use the 35mm, when I get them developed, I usually find pictures from 2 or 3 different kid's birthdays on them, which, since the kids birthdays are all about 3 months apart, isn't very impressive.  So, someday, when I have a camera, memory card, batteries and a download cord all at the same time, I'll take a picture of our view off our porch and post it here.  Uh, I wouldn't hold my breath though, if I were you.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Steve...wear you r slippers? SHOCK!! ;0) I can totally picture that. Glad you've gotten all settled in...how to you manage to fit 6 kids in your vevhicl?