Friday, January 9, 2009

more on driving

Angel #1 says thanks to everyone who've sent their congrats.  Tanya, I AM thankful I don't have to worry about winter roads, though we've got mountain roads to contend with, especially at our new house.  We're at about 1200 ft elevation and have a twisty road to drive on to get to it.  One side of the road has no shoulder to speak of and if you go off the side, you fall down the side of the mountain - not fun.  This just happened to a teen girl and the van she was driving was totaled and she would have been also, if she hadn't been wearing a seat belt.  But, he's 16 and growing older, he's very responsible and the least I can do is give him the freedom that he's been working for, as long as he continues to deserve it.  At this point, all I can do is pray he'll be careful and safe.

I've discovered that putting leftover rice in your bread dough is really tasty.  Since I always seem to have leftover rice in the fridge, I think that's going to become part of my regular bread-making procedure.  Bread making is so fun because you don't have to stick to any kind of recipe.  You can thrown random bits of stuff in the dough and just find out what'll happen.  Sometimes is taste great - other times, not so much.

2 comments:

anonymous said...

I think I'd rather have mountain sides than Snow. OF course in Michigan we don't really have any mountains to speak of so I may change my mind if I'm ever in that position. I'd suspect that mountains & snow together would put me over the edge (literally!).
Congrats to #1! What a big step in life. I'm dreading this with my daughter. I'm hoping she forgets that she's old enough for drivers ed this summer.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to #1. Mountains would freak me out too, especially since i am afraid of heights! Drew goes for his road test on Feb.6th. I'm not ready for this, though it will be nice to send him places to pick things up for me or cart his sister where she needs to be. Just worried about our car insurance going up, hopefully that won't be too bad. We bought him a big old cadillac to drive, so if he hits something he will have big enough span of metal between him and the other object.lol.