Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The angel's new friend

I mentioned in my last post that Angel #2 got a new friend.  The whole new friend story is pretty funny, imo, so I'll share with the class.  First off, she found him by perusing the Craigslist 'looking for a platonic friend' ads.  She said she usually looks at the ads for a laugh, but this particular one caught her eye.  It not only caught her eye, but she was so compelled to respond that when she discovered that her internet was out, she couldn't wait to e-mail the guy, so she sent a text immediately, at 11 o'clock at night.  Fortunately for her, they guy was just getting home from work, so she didn't wake him up or anything.  They started texting back and forth and found out they had a lot in common.  They both like the same kind of movies, both love cats and a boatload of other things, but the thing that was the tipping point was his form of transportation.  This guys drives a hearse, not for a living, the hearse is his car.  Angel #2 has wanted a hearse for years and is so excited to finally get to ride in one (in the FRONT seat, not the back).  I have to admit, I think the fact that he drives a hearse is pretty cool and when I mentioned it to hubs, his response was THAT IS AWESOME!  Yeah, sometimes I think we might be on the short side of normal as far as parents go.  When the guy asked #2 what her parents would think of a guy who drives a hearse, she said, "well, my mom is super practical.  She'll probably say something like 'the gas mileage probably isn't that great, but it would work super for grocery shopping'."   The kid knows her mom well, though my response was a tad bit different.  I actually said, "the gas mileage probably sucks, but it would be awesome for rummage saling."   Anyway, they met up on Friday and she said after an initial awkward time (they're both pretty shy) they had a really good time and are planning on getting together again this Saturday.  He's coming to our house in the hearse.  She texted me right after he left to assure me that he wasn't a crazy and she didn't get serial killed or anything like that, which is always nice.  Oh and did I mention that his hearse has a baby on board sign in the back window?  I really can't wait to meet this guy.

Angel #4 is on her class trip today.  All the 6th, 7th & 8th graders went to Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells.  Noah's Ark is the largest outdoor water park in the country.  Why they'd put a giant water park in the middle of a state that only has about 3 months of summer is beyond me, but I'm sure she's having a great time.

Ok, I just have to share this.  Just now, while I was writing this post, I got a phone call.  It was a political call from some special interest group wanting me to support their candidate in the upcoming recall election that's got our state spinning.  The guy who called could barely pronounce the letters of the group he was calling on behalf, seemed to forget Tom Barrett's (the guy running for Gov) first name and sounded like he had to look at a script to remind him of it, then mispronounced the name of Barrett's running mate for Lt Gov.  SERIOUSLY??  You'd think they'd at least know the basics (like their names, perhaps??)  before trying to convince people to vote for their candidate.  If they can't get competent people to do something as simple as make a phone call, I can't see how they think they can run a state.

2 comments:

Tanya T said...

Good for her, I hope it works out. I like to read the "Missed Connections" section of Craigslist. Some are funny, some are sad, and some would make a great romance story line. Other sections in that genre are a bit scary! Lol.

Promo Member Alfamart Minimarket Lokal Terbaik Indonesia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.