Monday, March 19, 2012

let's hear it for brown floors!

After caulking the cracks in the living room floor, I realized that I was going to have to paint it, and I was going to have to do it PDQ. To get to Angel #2's bedroom, you have to go through the living room, so I needed to get it done before she gets home on Thursday. I've been busy the last week or so, and we had company over on Saturday, so it really wasn't a good time to paint the floor, so it needed to get started today. It's going to take at least 4 days to complete it, since I'm putting 2 coats of paint on it and I had to shove all the furniture to one side of the room, paint that part, then shove it to the other side, then paint the rest. I got about 2/3's of the room painted today, after I sanded the floor, vacuumed it, then scrubbed it.

I picked up the paint this morning on my way home from the airport. Hubs flew out to Hawaii again today. Usually he drives himself, but he had a lot of carry-ons both coming and going and it would have been a real pain for him to have to haul them through the parking lot to check-in. Because he's a silver frequent flyer (or something like that)he can check in 3 bags of up to 70lbs each for free on his flights. Because of this, he tends to haul things like tools and equipment back and forth with him when he does work in Hawaii. It makes for a lot of heavy luggage. So anyway, not only did I drive him, but he flew out of the Milwaukee airport instead of the small, local ones he usually flies out of, so we had about an 1 1/2 hour drive to get to the airport through Milwaukee traffic. I'm not a fan of big city traffic at all. We left around 7am, drove straight through to the airport, I dropped him off and drove almost straight through to get home with a small side stop at our neighborhood Menards to pick up the floor paint. I also went to Fleet Farm, which is a magical store that has just about everything you could ever need. Today, I needed stuff for the baby chickens, which are due to hatch on Wednesday. I picked up a warming light, food and water dishes and some chick starter food. As I was loading it up into my van, this old guy who was parked next to me and was sitting in his rusty old pick-up truck asked me what kind of chickens I had. I told him I was hatching some layers. He must have been bored, because he kept asking me more questions, giving me suggestions on how to deal with chicken-killing dogs and all kinds of stuff. He was a nice old dude, but as he was talking, he kept dipping, and he had tobacco stuck in his teeth and a yellow mark on his chin where juice had oozed out. Pretty darned gross. But, you find all kinds at Fleet Farm...they call it "The Man's Mall" and that pretty much sums it up. If you can't get it at Fleet Farm, you don't really need it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. My husband, Mr. Always Manages To Meet People, called while he was on layover in Chicago. Turns out, our Senator was at the airport waiting for a flight as well. Hubs, being a friendly guy, goes over and chats and apparently had a great time visiting. I guess the Senator did as well, since he asked hubs if he was going to be heading to DC as well. If I was in an airport and there was a Senator there, I would just say, oh wow, that's cool (IF I even recognized him), Hubs just goes over for a visit. I guess some people are introverts and others are extroverts...guess which one I'm married to.

1 comment:

tanya t said...

My husband is the same way-he talks to anybody! He tells me "I can't help it if you are antisocial", which is not totally true.I am just more guarded about whom I tell my whole life story too! Lol