Friday, June 18, 2010

the utter stupidity of some people amazes me

Today I was driving to work and saw a guy on a motor scooter waiting at a stop light. I actually had to take a second look, because I didn't believe my eyes, but sadly, my eyes weren't deceiving me. The moron was riding a scooter one handed while holding a baby on his lap! Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. The baby was little too, it couldn't have been old enough to even walk yet. I would have called 911 right then and there, but it's now illegal to use your cell phone while driving and there was honestly no way for me to pull off and call in a timely manner and it would be just my luck to get busted for using the phone while driving. I hope someone else was able to and that guy his butt arrested.

I wasn't even supposed to work today, but figured I'd better since we were massively behind on doing a thorough inventory. So I spent the entire day crawling around counting packages of weedwacker string, 2-cycle engine oil and exciting stuff like that. Tomorrow I've got to get it all entered into the computer.

When I got home from work, I remembered that tomorrow after bocce ball, we're having a potluck at the park, so I needed to make something. Someone brought over a bazillion bananas last week and I really needed to use them up. You know how everyone gives away zucchinis from their garden in the summer? In Hawaii, bananas are our zucchinis. I haven't bought a banana in over 4 years. So I made a banana cake and 2 loaves of banana bread. Yesterday, Angel #2 made banana waffles. I've still got well over a dozen bananas in my fridge - they'll be headed to the freezer soon. Incidentally, I can't seem to grow a zucchini in our garden down here, it's really frustrating. And fresh zucchini in the grocery store sells for $2.50/lb and I refuse to pay that kind of money for a veggie I used to feed to the pigs because I had so blasted many of them. I'm really jonesin' for some zucchini now.

Tanya, we don't have raccoons down here (skunks either) so no chance of us hitting one of those. Most common roadkill found in Hawaii: mongoose 2nd most common (at least as far as I've seen) wild pigs and an occasional wild goat

1 comment:

Tanya T said...

I bet a wild pig could do some major damage to a vehicle, probably worse than a deer because they are lower to the ground?!