Sunday, June 27, 2010

don't think I could get tireder

HUGE yard sale today. We toted tons of stuff to my friend Sunny's home use and set it up in her driveway. I got there at about 6:30 this morning after waking up at 4:30am and not being able to fall back to sleep. I've been doing that a lot lately, waking up ridiculously early in the morning and eventually giving up on going back to sleep and just crawling out of bed cause it's better than staring at the ceiling. So anyway, we put out the signs at 7:30, though I didn't have stuff unpacked yet and people just started flocking in. People were pulling stuff out of tubs and shoving money at me, it was chaos - utter chaos. One nice guy even felt sorry for me and helped me set stuff up. About 6 hours later, I loaded up the few things that didn't sell and brought them directly to the thrift store conveniently located right behind Sunny's house. Though it was a lot of work, I got rid of a ton of stuff and came out of it about $500 richer - so I can't complain. I'm probably going to have a second sale in about a month, right before we leave, to get rid of the last of the stuff. Unless I manage to get rid of most of it on Craigslist. Tomorrow I'm going to take a much needed moving break and just sit around doing not much of anything.

As we were digging through our dvd's to sell, Angel #2 looked at the title of one and said, "The Sopranos? Is that a show about singers?" I ROTFL. I don't know why we have the entire season 3 of The Sopranos, I think it was one of those things we somehow accumulated from someone else who moved off-island and dumped their stuff on us. I've never seen an episode, but I DO know it's not a show about singers.

No comments: