Thursday, June 17, 2010

hula songs are running through my head

Interesting day at work today - and no, it has nothing to do with the bathrooms. Our friend Chris stopped by. I've been friends with Chris since about October, we both started volunteering for Special Olympics around the same time. At the moment, Chris is living on the beach, he found a place to live and will be moving in at the end of the month. But, at present, he's a beach baby. He also does hula dancing. There's a certain dance that he's supposed to be leading and he's having problems getting the hang of it, so he videoed it and was going to go over it until he got it figured out. Problem is, a guy hula dancing at the beach could get a few strange looks, and when you look like Chris - a big Irish white guy, about 6'3", shaved head, earrings, tattoos, etc, you'll get some REALLY strange looks. So he was practicing in the showroom at work all afternoon. The same song, over and over and over again. So, guess what's running through my head over and over, etc. Yeah, I just may have to hurt Chris if I can't get that stupid song out of my head...then again, the sight of a 6'3", shaved headed white guy doing the hula is a picture that I may never get out of my head, ever. (yes, it looks as hilarious as it sounds)

Tonight, Angel #2 hit one of those inevitable driving milestones. She got her first kill. She's pretty sure it was a rat running across the road, and imo, if there's gonna be a rat around, having it smooshed underneath a tire is about the best place it can be. She's feeling pretty bad about the kill, but I think I made her feel better by telling her that Angel #1's first kill was a dove, and a rat is a much more manly kill than a dove. My first kill was a great big honkin' frog - I still remember the splatting sound it made when it hit the tire.

1 comment:

Tanya T said...

My first kill was a big old raccoon, i thought i blew a tire it was so loud!