Monday, August 31, 2009

I just can't win

Today, Angel #2 told me she wants to live in a 'normal' family. When I asked what that meant, she said she wants to live like her friends families do - unlimited computer time, the mom doesn't make supper for the family (or, heaven forbid, make bread!), the family doesn't eat together and nobody has to do daily designated yardwork. I give her Leave It to Beaver and she wants dysfunctional family feud! I also find it hard to believe that we're the only family to eat meals together and expect our kids to abid by rules and do chores.

WE spent the night sleeping on the couch last night - he was nervous about the 'ghost' he saw. He's planning on sleeping in his room tonight though, so hopefully he's over the whole haunted room thing. Though I do want to thank you for informing me about the whole 'dead time' thing, Tanya - I'll sleep MUCH better knowing that (at least until 3am :P ) I figure if he's still nervous, we'll give the ghost girl a name and backstory (I'm a writer, how else do you think I deal with adversity? I make up stories), making the whole thing seem less scary. Hopefully, that'll make my little Haley Joel more comfortable in his room.

3 comments:

Angel #2 said...

just so you all know, mom aka daydreamer totally twisted my words to make me seem like I'm unappreciative.

JeanieC said...

Well, A2, I'm with you. I mean, who wouldn't want unlimited computer time? I have it right now and I'm here to tell you, it rocks!

tanya t said...

You could always tell him the little girl was murdered by her parents for not keeping her room clean? Might work. lol