Friday, August 14, 2009

I really love your peaches, wanna shake your tree

Except when I shook the tree I got cherries instead of peaches - which is good since it was a cherry tree I was shaking...and I like cherries better than peaches anyway. Our cherry tree in the back hasn't been pruned or taken care of in ages, so it's full of dead branches and stuff, but I got enough cherries for some kind of dessert. After my cherry picking, I found a couple guava on the tree next to it, so I grabbed them, then realized the pineapples we had growing on the bush were ripe, so I picked those too. It was just a fruity kind of day today. We had the pineapple for dessert tonight, I'm going to do something with the cherries tomorrow and hubby ate the guavas for a snack.

We had a power outage tonight, but by the time we figured out what was going on and got the lanterns lit, it was back on again. We were out on the lanai when it went on and we can see the whole town from there. There was a definite line where you could see who had power and who didn't. When the power went on, we could see the street lights go back on one by one. It was kind of cool looking. We could also see the line of confused traffic backed up at the stop lights, we're definitely a society dependent on electricity.

No comments: