Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ambition

Did you ever have one of those days when you're really ambitious and clean or do really odd/extreme things? Today was that day for me. I woke up at 4:30am and couldn't get back to sleep, so was up and at 'em at 5:30 when I gave up and got out of bed. After that, things just got more and more out of hand. I baked bread, not so unusual, except I got over enthusiastic when I was adding flour and put in way too much and ended up tossing the whole mess in the garbage and started over again. I emptied out the flour bucket and decided to open a 100# bag I had in storage instead of using the stuff I'd already had in containers of more managable size. I had to transfer 100 pounds of flour into smaller containers, spilling plenty in the process. This led to transfering some rice into a different container, spilling some of that too. As long as I was in the transferring mood, I moved some Cream of Wheat from its box into a jar and organized my shelves. But that's not all, oh no. I washed my spice rack and sprayed the jars with Goo-Gone to get the mysterious sticky stuff off the covers and then, are you ready for this? I vacuumed the coffee maker. Trust me, you don't wanna know. I also organized all my stored bed linens and made chocolate chip cookies, among other things. I think I've gone over the ol' hill o'sanity and I'm not sure if I'm ever gonna get back. If you drive past the asylum some day and see a woman there polishing the buckles on her strait jacket, give her a little wave, because that would be me.

No comments: