Friday, July 3, 2009

Don't you talk to Billy Idol that way

For some bizarre reason, I had the urge to watch the very end of the movie The Wedding Singer, the part where Billy Idol is on the airplane. IMO, that's the funniest part of the whole movie. Angel #2, also a Billy fan, watched it with me (it's on YouTube). Then, tonight, I said something to her about wanting to see the scene again, just for a little Billy fix - I no more than said it than the opening chords of Billy's song Dancing With Myself came through the house. Hubby and the kids were watching Flushed Away and that song is in the opening sequence to that movie. Now, how weird is that? So, I got me some Billy w/out even having to work at it. Ain't life grand?

For its last act as my library, the book I requested came in and I checked it out Tuesday. Today I finally got around to starting it. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is every bit as wonderful as its title implies...at least the first 10 chapters, which is what I have read, is. Personally, I think incorporating zombies into the world of Elizabeth Bennett was pure genius, though that sound you here is Jane Austen rolling vigorously in her grave. Sometimes the classics, no matter how much you love the original, can use a little shaking up.

In case you were wondering, I know I was, there are 31 days left of summer vacation.

No comments: