Saturday, July 4, 2009

cleaning the basement - oh what fun

I couldn't stand the messiness that is our basement anymore. Today, I started cleaning it up. I started with collecting all the swim fins that were lying all over the place. We've got probably a dozen pair of the things as well as about 6 orphans. I also filled a tub with wet suits, we've got a bunch of those also. By the end of the day, I got one little corner of the basement cleaned up...but it was the important, smelly corner. Grossly enough, I found the source of the smell as well as what was so smelly when we got home from vacation. You don't wanna know.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is pretty good, though I was disappointed that poor Charlotte Lucas turned into a zombie though I have hopes that she'll eat Mr. Collins. That remains to be seen I guess. I won't tell you how it turns out on the off-chance that you're as morbidly interested in Elizabeth Bennett and zombies as I am and pick up the book to read yourself.

We took a couple of jars of canned venison home with us when we left Wisconsin and we had some for supper tonight. It had been a long time since we'd had venison and we all enjoyed it, even Angel #4's friend, who'd never had deer meat before.

Last night there was a loud breaking of branches followed by a thumping noise when we were in bed. Since I was reading P&P&Z shortly before that, I thought it sounded like a head falling out of a tree. Then we realized it wasn't a head after all, but a big old breadfruit that fell out of the breadfruit tree in the back yard. The breadfruit are almost as big as a head, so my mistake was entirely understandable.

No comments: