Monday, February 2, 2009

How'd time get away from me?

Wow, it's been Wednesday since I last posted. How the heck did that happen? Hubby hijacked my computer, so that's probably the main reason. He sold his laptop and hasn't gotten around to buying a new one to replace it yet, so he's been doing his work stuff and internet cruising on mine instead. I can handle that, but when I saw that he replaced my desktop picture with one of Jessica Simpson, it was war. I don't usually care what my desktop looks like, the picture he replaced was a stupid cat one that Angel #2 had put up, but Jessica Simpson? Come on! So I switched it out with a really yummy one of Jensen Ackles, so all is good. :D

Saturday, Hubby was telling me how his buddy, Tony, needed someone to get his Quickbooks program for his business straightened out so he could get his stuff to an accountant for taxes. I said I'd be happy to do it. I went there this morning and Tony showed me the piles of papers he had sitting around, then showed me his Quickbooks. I asked when was the last time he reconciled his checkbook and I got a blank stare...that's when I knew I had my work cut out for me. I was there for over 4 hours today and so far have his checks from September all straightened out and that's all I accomplished. But, is it totally warped of me to say I love doing that kind of thing? Organizing office messes is such a rush, kind of like playing a giant game of solitaire where you start sorting things, putting them where they belong and finally, you get something finished and filed away all nice and neat. Okay, so I get excited over weird stuff, what can I say?

5 comments:

Shelley said...

I enjoy organizing projects when you know you've accomplished something. It is rewarding / satisfying.
Good luck on the job ahead.

Anonymous said...

Jensen Ackles? What happened to Candy?

anonymous said...

I wanted to stop by and say thank you for the comment on my post where I was ranting. Everything you said is so true and I feel the same...I wouldn't change a thing about my past and I know I need to just pray. It's so hard to imagine what those families are going through and seeing that they have such strong faith. I honestly don't think I'd be able to be so strong. And I really hope I never have to find out :)

Jessica Simpson...ew.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes indeedy, Jensen Ackles! That guy is so good lookin' it's just wrong. I keep putting him on my Christmas list, but Santa isn't delivering. :P

- Afton

Anonymous said...

I finally made the move from Bravenet too. I think I'm going to like this one better!