Friday, February 13, 2009

Oink

This afternoon I drove into the driveway after picking Angel #4 up at school and there were wild pigs in our driveway. A mama and her two babies were right there at the gate when I turned in. Jake, the wonder dog, was in the van with us and went absolutely nuts, he wanted some bacon something fierce. He was whining and jumping around so much, he fell in between the bucket seats from his spot in the middle seat. I chased the pigs up the driveway with the van and they kept going straight as I made the left turn to get to our house. As soon as I opened the door of the van, Jake ran out and went heading after those pigs. Fortunately, he didn't get them, because I don't know what he'd actually do with a pig if he caught one.

I also went to the bank today and made a fairly large deposit. Fortunately, I went online to check my account a couple hours later, because noticed that my deposit wasn't in there. Uh...where'd the money go? I found the deposit ticket the teller gave me and saw that she put our money in someone else's account. Fortunately, it was about 10 minutes before the bank closed, so I got my hiney on the phone and started rattling some cages. After being put on and off hold for about 20 minutes, I was finally told that everything should get straightened out tomorrow. It had better be or I'm going to have to kick some bank bootie. With the economy the way it is, I don't trust banks anyway, and for them to lose my money (it was cash - so no actual paper trail) just sort of cements my feelings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My bank once deposited my paycheck in someone else's account. I just called and told them and they changed it around the right way.

Since you don't trust banks, I suggest you buy gold bars and put them in your basement. The rats can't hurt them, so you'll be all set.

Bert Lord said...

Did they get that straightened out?