Monday, February 9, 2009

reliving my teen years - the Saturday morning version

Tonight, while they were supposed to be cleaning the kitchen, the girls took plastic bottles of peppercorns and were shaking them in time to songs they were singing. That reminded me of my sister doing the same thing when we were teens, except she did it to the song Walk Like an Egyptian (this was the 80's, remember) and instead of a bottle of peppercorns, she used a can of Sani-flush. Sani-flush was powdered toilet bowl cleaner that came in a cardboard can kind of thing. I can't remember seeing it in stores, I wonder if they still make it? It was really cool because it fizzed like Alka-Seltzer when you dumped it into the toilet. Anyway, this toilet cleaner shaking, dancing like an Egyptian thing usually happened on Saturday mornings, because that was housecleaning day at our house. So, I found the song and played it for my girls and they were dancing around the living room shaking their peppercorns, looking just like my little sister 20+ years ago. The more things change, the more they stay the same, I guess.

Random daydreamer fact: I didn't dance around the bathroom shaking cans of Sani-flush when I was a teenager.

No comments: