Friday, February 6, 2009

The Rat Race

We have a basement under our house. Well, it's kind of a basement, our house is raised on posts, but it's hovering over the foundation of an older house, which is semi-enclosed. Anyway, there are rats down there, and that's just nasty. So we bought some rat traps, hubby and WE put their names on them and are now having a contest to see whose trap can catch the most rats. WE's ahead right now with one, and he was so proud of that thing. It was like a hunter getting his first kill. I'm hoping this contest is really productive so we can get rid of all the nasties crawling around down there.

I think I mentioned the other day that I was helping Tony with his books. He's such a sweet kid that I was kind of feeling guilty charging him for it. But after today, I feel much better. While working on his checkbook, I discovered that he was being screwed royally by the company that he runs credit cards through. Since April, he's been paying $70 a month rent on a credit card machine that cost $160, among other things. Because of me, he's changing all that and it'll save him probably about $100 a month. So now I feel like I earned my pay.

Random Daydreamer Fact: chocolate covered cherries and peanut M&M's are my favorite candy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate rats, mice, anything like that. Hope you are able to get rid of them all!