Thursday, February 19, 2009

Someone painted my van with invisibility paint

I am invisible when I'm driving down the road. Sometime during the last week, someone sneaked into my driveway and painted my Dodge Caravan with invisibility paint, or maybe I accidentally pressed the stealth button on the dash, thinking I was changing the radio station. All I know is that I must be invisible as I drive down the road, the only other thing it could possible be is that there are a lot of idiots out on the road lately. Naw, I must be invisible. One thing I've noticed about drivers in Hawaii is that they're courteous, almost to the point of being dangerous sometimes. But lately, it's been like driving on the mainland out there. Twice this week someone in the merge lane raced up from behind and cut in front of me, forcing me to either slam on my brakes or sideswipe them. Considering my van is pretty junky, maybe I'll choose the second option in the future and let the idiots buy me a new car. Ironic thing is, in both situations, they still got stuck at the exact same traffic lights as me and risked both our lives just so they could get home 5 seconds sooner. Not really worth risking a ride in an ambulance, if you ask me. My friend has noticed the same thing with drivers lately. Her theory is that the economy is getting to people, making them crabbier and more dog-eat-dog. I've seen a couple of vehicles with bumper stickers that say: Slow Down, this isn't the Mainland I think I'm going to get one for my invisible van.

I got a call from the school today. WE passed out during Phy Ed class today. They figure he just got overheated. When he got home from school, I asked him what happened and he just said "I fainted". Well, duh, I knew that. I told him I wanted a play-by-play. He said, I was running and all of a sudden I fell, like this. Then he acted out running in slow motion, then falling onto the floor making that low, drawn out aauurrgh sound you hear when someone yells in a slow motion video. He said they thought he was faking it, until they picked him up and he was totally out of it. He seems fine now though, I guess it was just one of those things.

Tanya: Good suggestion about the fish dissection thing. That's entirely possible, Angel #4 is in the middle of taking apart an owl pellet in class, maybe fish are next.

No comments: