Monday, February 16, 2009

Hubby called me this morning to say that he's safe and sound in Texas. The first thing he did when he got into the airport in Austin was to get himself some authentic Texas bar-b-que from the Saltlick, which fortunately has an outlet at right at the airport. I'm sure he's also going to head to the real Saltlick sometime during his Texas visit also, since he always does. Honey, if you're reading this, remember to buy some sauce to take home with you.

The kids and I went to our friend's Steve and Alice's for lunch today, which was nice. Steve fried up hamburgers and salmon burgers and Angel #2 made cooked up some artichokes, which none of us had ever had before. We decided that they were an awful lot of work for a little bit of food, though the hearts were real yummy.

No school tomorrow for the kids, so I'm going to set them to work picking tangerines off our tree. We've been looking at the tree for a couple weeks now, saying, we really oughta pick those buggers, but never actually doing it. So, tomorrow I'm going to make those little monsters earn their keep around here. I'd rather we get them than the pigs. Problem is, the ones we don't eat, I've got to juice up. I spend about an hour or two a week juicing oranges and other veggies, and though I frequently remind myself that those of you freezing your tailfeathers off up north would kill for the chance to juice oranges in Hawaii, it doesn't make the job any less boring or tedious. Why am I thinking I'm not going to get a whole lot of sympathy?

No comments: