Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Slacker

Wow, I've really been slacking in the blog department lately. It just that nothing particularly interesting has been going on lately and I don't want to bore you with the tedium of my life.

Sometimes, companies and products that are 'green' really make me laugh. Angel #4 has a pencil that smells like root beer, it's calls a smencil - really. It's made out of 100% recycled newspaper and their company tagline is saving trees, one pencil at a time. How do I know the company tagline? Because it's printed on the plastic tube the pencil came in. The pencils come individually packaged in plastic tubes. I am NOT kidding. Not only that, but then the plastic tubes are additionally packaged in packs of 10 or 50 in even more plastic. Think I'm kidding? Check it out: http://www.smencils.com/sw_1.html How screwed up is that?

In case you were wondering, hubby has taken the lead in the rat race and is ahead of WE 2 to 1. Just to clarify, these things are NOT in our house - with 3 cats and a dog, they'd be stupid to even try. The place where they're getting trapped is completely open to the out doors, so it's no different than raccoons getting in your garbage or squirrels running on your roof, because squirrels are nothing more than rats with bushy tails. I'm just hoping the word of the untimely deaths of some of their contemporaries gets out and the rest of the rats find greener pastures to hang out in.

Book Review Tuesday: Okay, it's Wednesday, but I forgot to post yesterday. Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich. I thought the whole Carl the monkey thing was pretty stupid when he first showed up a book or two ago, but JE totally redeemed herself with this book. Carl and his cronies made me LOL, though the whole premise was pretty bizarre. We also find out a little bit about Disel's family in this one, which was interesting and there was more Ranger than I thought there would be, which is always a good thing. Not one of Evanovich's best, but a fun read nonetheless.

No comments: