Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spring Concert

Today hubby and I went to Angel #4's spring concert. Instead of singing, they dance the hula and other dances. The kids all did a great job but it was REALLY hot out there and I even got a little pink, which doesn't happen to me often. The teachers even got together and did a dance. Hawaiians are much more graceful dancers than white people and I don't think it was a coincidence that all the haoles (white people) were way in the back row, next was the Asian teachers and in front were the Hawaiian's. The Vice-Principal was particularly uncoordinated as only a really tall, skinny white guy can be, but I give him more than a few points for getting out there and doing it. There were also guests there, Japanese high school students visiting for a class trip and they did a traditional Japanese dance for us, which was cool. I'd never seen Japanese dancing before.

I've been pretty rough on shirts today. I changed tops after coming home from the concert since I was all gross and sweaty. A couple hours later, I spilled pineapple juice all over myself and it was so sticky I thought I was going to go nuts, so I changed again. Now, we just got home from Bible Study and I slipped into my pajamas, which is a fancy name for the big oversized tee-shirts I wear to bed. I started munching on a Hershey bar (one of the many I got for my birthday) and got chocolate crumbs all over myself, so I'll have to change again before hopping into bed. I've gone though a weeks worth of shirts in one day, a new record!

No comments: