Friday, February 8, 2013

I actually feel kind of professional-ish

Busy week at work - for me at least.  Except for the hour when I'm helping with dishes, scooping corn for kids and that kind of thing, I was feeling a bit useless.  I'm spending the other 2 hours of my day learning the ins and outs of school lunches, federal nutrition guidelines, menu organization and that kind of thing, but I haven't been doing anything tangible.  Like I'm hiding out in my office playing solitaire or something while everyone else is working (I'm not, btw).  But Tuesday of this week I had a meeting with the regional rep for our main food vendor, tomorrow I've got another meeting with a competing vendor who's going to try to convince me to buy from them instead.  Today I came in early to take part in a live webinar and talked to our superintendent about my possibly going to an all day conference next month (we decided against it).  Next week I'm planning on meeting with one of the state reps for government nutrition stuff.  I feel so popular!

Tonight I was planning on going to a Meet-Up meeting (have you discovered Meet-Up? if not, check it out online, there's bound to be some in your area).  But, we've gotten about 6 inches of snow already today and it's still coming down.  If I would have gone, I would have had to leave 45 minutes ago, but the plow just came down our road for the first time about 5 minutes ago.  Since my route takes me down about 35 miles of back country roads, chances are, my drive would have been pretty awful.  I prefer to be at home in my warm living room rather than waiting on the side of some dark road in the middle of nowhere for someone to pull me out of the ditch.

1 comment:

mommustwrite said...

Isn't that a nice feeling? I remember that from my working days and loved it, but unfortunately I had more stressful days than positive ones, so it wasn't worth it.
Sorry you guys are getting hit with so much snow. Stay warm & safe. Bummer about missing your meeting. I checked it out and there are a couple around here, but nothing that works for me. Will have to keep checking though.