Friday, July 6, 2012

woot woot

I am typing this entry on my brand spanking new laptop.  WOO-HOO!!  The kids and I were in town yesterday and stopped by Walmart to pick up critter food.  WE wandered into the electronics department and we went to find him, and that's when I saw it - the clearance table!  I've been griping about my old laptop for quite awhile now.  It's horrible slow, freezes up if I try to open more than 4 windows at once and the other day, it took 45 minutes of coaxing, unfreezing and restarting before I could even get the crazy thing going.  The battery hasn't held a charge in over 3 years.  The bills are getting paid around here and life is good, so I just couldn't resist plopping down some moola to make my life a little more pleasant.   And this isn't totally selfish either, I use my computer for more than playing, all our company's bookkeeping is on my computer.  I've gotten a couple blue screens of death in the last couple months and I don't even want to think about what would happen if it just wouldn't start up at all some day.  I back up my work and everything, but still, not a nice prospect.  So now I'm getting used to using a new computer and getting all my stuff transferred from the old one to this cute little guy.  I think I'll name it Shiny in honor of Firefly, because that's the first word that popped into my head when I unwrapped it and got my first look at it.

The other day I stepped on a nail.  That's one of the hazards of using old lathe from your house remodel project as row markers for your garden.  I couldn't remember the last time I got a tetanus shot, so I figured I'd better go in.  Getting the stupid shot was more painful than stepping on the nail.

Tonight is the big Independence Day party at our next door neighbor's house. Last year he hired a company and blew off $10,000 worth of fireworks, I'm sure he'll be doing the same again this year.  Between fireworks, all the booyah you can eat and all drinks we should be in for a fun night.  I've got Angel #2 making cookies for our contribution to the meal - which is a pretty good deal for me since Angel #2 isn't even going to the party tonight, she's got a date.

Life is good

No comments: