Monday, April 12, 2010

Yay us, we made the front page!

The torch run the police held for the Special Olympics yesterday made todays paper:
http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/articles/2010/04/12/local/local01.txt
Hopefully this will bring more interested people to Special Olympics - we're going to need lots of volunteers for the Cop on Top fundraiser being held at the end of this month. I'm in charge of getting volunteers, so the more people the better.

All I did for my birthday today was do the company's taxes at work. I hate dealing with the government and I'm so proud of myself that I actually bit the bullet and did the taxes for TWO different business this week. It's going to take a long while for my stress level to go down though. Turbo tax was NOT being user friendly and made what should have been a couple of 2 hour jobs last all day.

I got to thinking about something last night. You know how sometimes people (it mostly seems to be women) fudge about their age and try to tell people they're younger than they actually are? I can't help but think that's counter-productive. Okay, I'm 42 years old today and I look like I'm 42, it's life, I'm good with it. BUT, say I run around telling people that I'm 30 instead. People are going to say, wow, she's only 30! She looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet. Conversely, if I tell people that I'm 55, they think, man, she looks incredible for 55, I thought she was MUCH younger. Wouldn't you rather have people think you look awesome rather than just plain awful? At least that's my philosophy. As for me though, I'm just going to tell people the truth and let them think what they want.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look awesome! Steve