Monday, April 12, 2010

time - it does fly

Almost a week's gone by since I posted last. I'm not sure if it's because my life's too busy to have time to post or if my life's too boring to find something to post about.

Tomorrow is my birthday - since it's already Monday just about everywhere but here, we'll just say Hey, today is my birthday! I love my birthday. It's not because I get presents, because I don't really get a whole lot, we don't make a deal about birthdays at our house. It's not the cake either, because actually, I don't really like cake. I think it's just the fact that it's my birthday and it's mine and mine only, besides the other 10 kajillion people whose birthday's are April 12. I just like having somethings that's all mine...maybe this can be traced back to the fact that for most of my life I wanted my own bedroom and I had to share with my sister who used to leave her dirty laundry on the bedroom floor and gross me out. I had to get my own apartment before I got my own room - I feel sorry for twins that have to share a birthday, because a birthday isn't something you should have to share. WE had a little money saved up and was going to buy me something, but this morning, I had some special Olympics stuff to do before church and the kids waited for me in the car, which I parked in front of a grocery store. He couldn't handle the pressure, I guess, because when I got back into the car, he told me he'd spent my birthday present money on a doughnut. But he assured me that he was thinking of me when he ate the doughnut, and it's the thought that counts, right mom? Uh, yeah.

The special olympics event today was a power lifting tournament. One of the guys bench pressed over 400 pounds! He just turned 18 a couple weeks ago, so imagine what he's going to be able to do in a year or two when he's fully mature. I think he'll be a force to be reckoned with at State Games next month. One of our other lifters won a gold a while ago at the National Games in China. Must be something in the water here that produces such awesome weightlifters. I'm still pretty wimpy though - I must not be drinking enough water.

No comments: