Wednesday, April 14, 2010

that makes 2

Yesterday we had the 2nd highway death near our house in the last couple of months. We're perched on the side of a mountain and in many dangerous spots, there aren't any guardrails. A woman lost control on a curve, flew off the side of the road and landed about 50ft below where her car burst into flames. Another scary thing is that WE was walking home from school at that very spot about an hour before the accident, Angel #4 two hours earlier and me 4 hours earlier. Wonder how many people are going to be killed before they do something about it? Also wonder how many decades the highway has to be there before people realize they have to drive with caution.

I got a great birthday present in the mail from my sister yesterday. She'd found an old picture of the three of us sisters taken waaaay back in the day when we were playing dress-up at my grandparents house, I must have been about 8 or 9 years old. I hadn't seen it in years. She had it framed and sent it to me. We were some pretty classy lookin' ladies.

3 comments:

JeanieC said...

Happy belated birthday, DD. I hope you'll be posting that photo you got for your birthday.

Holliday said...

Happy birthday DD! The photo sounds fabulous. I hope you'll post it for us all to see. :)

Adamsdarling said...

Happy belated birthday!