Saturday, January 30, 2010

we're now complete

You may have noticed that we were missing something in our goat herd, but worry no more! Thanks to the West Hawaii Humane Society the family is complete - we've now got a billy goat. According to hubby, we can now get more baby goats from our own little herd. Oh happy day[/sarcasm] He wants to name the billy goat Billy, of all things. I told him that was the lamest name for a billy goat in the entire world, and since Angel #2 named her goat Billy Baaa'b, it just wouldn't work. I suggested naming it Robert, but I don't think they're going to listen to reason. I've decided that my goats name is Ruby. I dunno, she just looks like a Ruby to me.

It was a busy/good day at work today. The income had been coming in pretty slowly lately. But the last couple days, today especially, it was like people were fighting to get in the door to pay their bills. So, near the end of the day, I was going to the bank to make a deposit and I'd mentioned to the boss man that I was jonsin' for some Starbucks, so I was going to go there before heading back. That must have sounded good to him too, and he offered to buy Starbucks for everyone in the shop. Yay Tony! But an vente iced cinnamon dolcee latte has a whole lot of sugar and caffeine and I had it rather late in the day, so now it's quarter to ten and I'm all hopped up. I may not get to sleep until tomorrow morning at this rate, which isn't a good thing, since tomorrow morning I'm meeting some writer friends for, what else? Coffee!

I got an e-mail yesterday from a cousin of my mom's. I think the last time I saw her was over 11 years ago at my grandpa's funeral. She's heard that I was a writer and is going to read my books (she also thought it was cool that I used her grandmas - my great-grandma's - name as a pen name). I'm really happy that I write rather mild, sweet romances and not the hot stuff, since this particular cousin happens to be a nun. When I was little I absolutely adored this woman, probably because she was usually the instigator of the annual family reunion water balloon fight. For a while, I even wanted to be a nun, just like here. Since I was a little Lutheran girl at the time, that would have been quite an accomplishment. I obviously got over the desire to join a convent.

No comments: