Monday, February 1, 2010

fun times

Today was the 2010 kick off party for the Special Olympics. It was a really fun time and my first event acting in my recently acquired position of Volunteer Chair. I'm just basically the person who lets everyone on our mailing list know about upcoming events. I've even got business cards - so it actually looks like I'm somebody important. The lady I talked to at Kmart yesterday didn't show up, which was a little disappointing, but there were over 100 people there, so I would call the day successful. The 2009 yearbooks were passed out. I cringe at things like that because I'm horribly unphotogenic and I knew there was going to be at least one pic of me in the book. Turned out there were 3 and they actually looked pretty good. If anyone doubts my claims of being lazy though, all you have to do is look at the yearbook to see that I'm telling the truth. Remember, this is a yearbook celebrating people participating in different sporting events throughout the year. In two out of the three pictures of me in the book, I'm sitting down.

No comments: