Wednesday, September 16, 2009

another family milestone

I've decided to live my life dangerously. You know, spend a little time on the edge. Cut loose and be free. What crazy, devil-may-care thing have I done, you wonder? For the first time in 17 years, I have bought GLASS glasses for my family's use. I am willing to give my family the opportunity to drink from glass containers and not leave them shattered on the floor. No more Tupperware for this woman - uh-uh, we've now hit the big time. I have to admit that I didn't go too nuts and buy expensive ones or anything. Actually the ones I bought were even cheaper than the plastic ones I usually buy (we break those reguarly, if you want to know the truth). I may be brave, but I'm not a spendthrift - if we can keep the $2.50/pkg of 4 ones intact, maybe some day I'll actually buy nice ones. I think I'll save that for when the kids all move out of the house. But, then again, that's probably what MY parents thought when I was a kid, but to the best of my knowledge, the Smurf glasses we collected on a weekly basis from a Hardees promotion back in the '80's still have a promient place in their cupboard.

Yesterday I went to help with the bocce ball practice at the park for the Special Olympics. There's a bocce division where a special olympian teams up with a non-mentally handicapped partner for a team competition and they were in need for some more non-mentally handicapped participants. I filled out the proper paperwork and (here's something I never thought I'd say) I'm now an athlete in the Special Olympics. :D

No comments: