Wednesday, April 4, 2012

So, here I sit

It's 10:40 pm and I'm kind of tired and ready for bed. So, why am I posting here instead? I'll tell you why, because I'm kind of stupid. Angel #4 is having a lock-in tonight at school. They didn't have those kind of things when I was a kid, but I guess they're fairly common now. The tradition at our school is that one night during the school year, the 7th & 8th graders get to spend the entire night in the school. There's basketball, volleyball & human Foosball in the gym, Wii's and other video games set up, a dance and all kinds of activities planned. It started at 7pm and we have to pick up our over-tired, over-sugared kids at 7am. Of course, an event like this needs chaperones and they put out the word about a month ago. I avoided the chaparone slip for as long as I could, until #4 said they were still short and really needed a few more volunteers. Being the nice person I am, I offered to do the midnight-4am shift, figuring I'm one of the lucky parents who doesn't have to get up for work the next morning. So I'm sitting here, trying to stay awake until midnight, so I can go to the school, run the concession stand and try to stay awake until 4am so I can finally crawl into bed. I'm not a night person in the first place. It's going to be a loooong night.

No comments: