Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It's an MGM dream world

I don't know what's going on with my sleep lately, but it's been weird in a CinemaScope sort of way.  I usually don't even remember my dreams, and in best case scenarios, it's just scattered bits.  Well the scattered bits seem to be having a theme.  First off, I dreamed I was in Oz and going down the yellow brick road the wrong way.  I don't know if I was actually headed to Munchkin Land or what, but I would be walking along and see stuff left behind by Dorothy & Co on their trip down the road.  For some reason, the Scarecrow left his shoes behind.  I didn't even know scarecrows wore shoes.  In my other dream, me, along with Bette Davis and Joan Crawford were being chased.  Not the Baby Jane era Joan and Bette, but the full-on glamour girls of the 1940's.  We were being chased by Bela Lugosi and Lon Chaney dressed as Dracula and Frankenstein's Monster - and it wasn't the monsters, it was the actors DRESSED like the monsters, and Bette, Joan and I knew  this.  Of course, this dream was in black and white while the Oz dream was in full Technicolor mode.  I usually don't sleep that weird, maybe they mean something important.  Any dream interpreters out there?

And yeah, I know exactly what you guys mean about helicopters parents.  What sad little lives they live, being so centered around their kids that they don't know how to live a life of their own.  I think the term for being a non-helicopter parent is a Free-Range parent, but I think I may go one step beyond that sometimes.  I prefer to think of myself as a Parachute Parent, I try to strap the needed skills on my kids backs, then shove them out of an airplane and assume they'll parachute to safety and go about their lives.  It may be naive thinking, but it's worked great for me so far.  I know my kids can all get through TSA, fly on an airplane and make any connecting flights all by themselves, all of them across the country, some of them have done it to foreign countries.  That alone is better than a lot of adults out there.  I can't help it, I think my kids are just the coolest kids ever.

The month of the rodent is still in full force.  Today, hubs found a mousy little gift lying next to his shoes in our bedroom today, we suspect it was Fred who gave the gift, he loves hubs.  It's nice that the cats seem to be sharing with their BFF's, and I'm glad that none of them think of me as their BFF.

No comments: