Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'm not lazy, there's just nothing going on

Things have been quiet around here...a might too quiet, as they say in the old westerns. I hope that doesn't mean I have to circle my wagons in preparation of a Cherokee attack or something. I haven't heard from either of my international kids in over a week, I'm assuming their just too busy to bother talking to their dear old mom. Last Monday Angel #2 moved from the city she was staying in in Uruguay to a horse ranch out in the country. She'll be spending the next 3 weeks there. I haven't heard from her since the move, I think the internet out there isn't the best, that, and she's probably busy shoveling horse poo and going on trail rides or whatever it is she does out there.

As for Angel #1, I don't really want to think about what he's doing in Afghanistan. I've decided that he's living in a tank that's parked inside a big, bullet and bomb proof warehouse and he's just staying there until he comes home in June. My brain prefers that scenario. I sent him a care package last week. Last time he called, he told me that he had forgotten to pack a full sized bath towel when he deployed and wanted me to send him one. I don't want to think about the fact that he was in there for 2 months before he realized he didn't have a bath towel. Anyway, I sent him a towel and a pillow (the one he had was too flat and uncomfortable) and I crammed packages of microwave popcorn in the empty spaces of the box and sent it on its way. Hopefully he'll get it soon.

No comments: