Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Nothing says welcome home like a dead rat in the driveway

After an awesome trip, the girls and I are back home. The boys come home Wednesday and hubby on Friday.

I was expecting great things when I got home because hubby told me he had "higher standards" than I did and the house would be totally cleaned and organized when I got home (yeah, he said this with a totally straight face). I usually get all wound up when we're getting ready for a trip trying to get everyone packed and the house cleaned before we head out - hubby was sure he could do much better. Since I left 5 days before the rest of the family, it was time to put his theory to the test. It was obvious he had been having the kids do the laundry since there was a clean unfolded pile lying on the couch when I got here - the cats have been sleeping on it for the past 2 weeks. There was also a load of damp clothes sitting in the dryer and the sheets from our bed had been mouldering away wet in the washing machine since they left. So...yeah.

Jake and the cats were glad to see us come home, I think they missed us. Our garden, along with the weeds, grew tremendously and it smells like there's something dead by the back door, but I can't find anything. Looks like we've got a busy day tomorrow.

I'll tell you about my adventures up north tomorrow. I've been up since 4:30am Wisconsin time and it's now 8:30pm here, which would make it 1:30am in Wisconsin. So that means I've been up for close to 24 hours straight making me one tired little camper.

No comments: