Tuesday, January 17, 2012

snowy

Well, it's snowing today. Besides the few inches we had last week and maybe an inch or so last month, that's been about it. Even the weather's been exceptionally warm. Not only did we have temps up to 50 last week, but it hasn't gotten below zero all winter yet - in fact, I don't know if it's gotten below ten degrees more than a day or so. Of course, that doesn't mean I haven't been whining just a bit, after all, it's winter, you're required to whine. It's not even the cold, it's that darn wind that is so awful. A couple weeks ago, hubs and I went to grab something to eat at Culvers. When we left, he headed out a door opposite of where we came in. As we were trekking through the parking lot, I was complaining of the extra walk outside. He pointed out that it wasn't that far and what was I complaining about. I said, hello? It's winter and it's cold outside. He said: You realize you're eating an ice cream cone, right? I shut up.

Angel #2 is getting ready to head out for Uruguay on Friday afternoon. She's only bringing a relatively small suitcase, so it'll be interesting to see what she's decided I can't live without for two months. One thing's for sure, since it's summer down there, she's gladly leaving her winter coat at home. Uruguay is sounding nicer and nicer.

No comments: